Mercy Hospital, shown her in 1918, was built in 1898 on Grove
Street in Prescott, AZ. The hospital chapel on the left contained
the magnificent stained glass windows, which were made in
Germany in 1906, that ultimately ended up in Fain Chapel in
The chapel windows were salvaged and stored away after the
hospital burned down on June 8th, 1940. The chapel and the one
story building in front survived the fire and are the only parts of
the complex that still stand today. A new brick building was built
in front of the old chapel.
This is a picture of the same area today. These buildings are
now part of Prescott College.
Chapel of the Valley (Fain Chapel) Today With Windows From
the Mercy Hospital Chapel
Timeline For The Chapel of the Valley Stained Glass Windows
1878 Sisters of Mercy arrive in Prescott.
1896 Land purchased and Hospital Construction started
1898 Construction Completed
1906 Stained Glass windows made in Germany
1940 Mercy Hospital Burns, Chapel Windows Salvaged
1972 Windows Offered For Sale, Henry Brooks of Prescott
purchase windows and stores them at his home.
2002 Chapel of the Valley Dedicated in Prescott Valley's Fain